What is your favorite holiday?

Never Let Me Go Book Review

Never Let Me Go, written by Kazuo Ishiguro, is a haunting and thought-provoking novel that delves into themes of love, identity, and the human condition. Set in a dystopian alternate reality, the story follows Kathy, Ruth, and Tommy, three friends who grew up together in Hailsham, in secluded English boarding school. As they navigate their way through childhood and into adulthood, they come to realize that their time at school is far from ordinary. Ishiguro’s storytelling ties together many ideas of friendship, sacrifice, and the profound questions surrounding what it means to be human. 

Kazuo Ishiguro, born on November 8, 1954, is a British novelist of Japanese descent. He is widely acclaimed for his unique writing style and his ability to explore complex themes with subtlety and emotional depth. Ishiguro’s works often blend elements of science fiction, historical fiction, and literary fiction, and he is known for his introspective narratives. His notable works include The Remains of the Day, which won the Man Booker Prize in 1989, and Never Let Me Go, which was shortlisted for the same prize and adapted into a critically acclaimed film. 

Many people would enjoy Ishiguro’s book but specifically fans of dystopian fiction will find Ishiguro’s unique take on the genre intriguing. Overall, I really enjoyed reading the book Never Let Me Go, and I would recommend it to many different people because I feel as though it can impact people in many different ways.