What is your favorite holiday?

Athletic Spotlight – Izzabella Gonzales

Izzabella Gonzales has participated in multiple sports in HAHS and previous schools. She is a sophomore at Hamburg and currently plays soccer. She enjoys other sports such as winter track and softball. At her previous school, she participated in volleyball and track. She was voted MVP for soccer and volleyball at her school in California, Monson-Sultana. Many teammates describe Izzie as a great athlete and friend. 

Sadie Haines, a sophomore at HAHS, played softball with Izzie and describes her as very nice and helpful to those around her. She says she is very motivated and determined to do what she does. She is also very motivational to others and is kind and respectful to everybody. Sadie is a good friend of Izzie’s and is excited to continue her athletic journey with her. 

Izzabella says she is very dedicated to sports and it is what she enjoys most. She loves playing many different sports and getting involved at school. Mostly, she loves to play sports for the impact she has on others. “I don’t play for myself. I play for my teammates and mom,” says Izzie. She plays for her mom who got her into sports and her teammates who encourage her every day. Even though these activities are very enjoyable for her it does have some physical downsides and demands to be an athlete, like balancing school and sports. It’s tiring to have to  go to practice whilst also worrying about completing homework and assignments. This is why it’s important to her that she manages her time well by doing work in study hall or flex. She says that school is very important to her so she always does her best to manage both. 

Overall, Izzabella is a great student and teammate who makes a big impact on those around her. She loves doing what she does and loves to help others. Without her teammates sports would not be the same to her so she is always kind to them. Izzie plans on continuing her athletic journey for the rest of her high school career and is excited to see how far she gets.