Carly Levan graduates to Alvernia University

Alexandra Kline, Hawk Happenings Assistant Editor

Not yet set in stone to graduate, Carly Levan is excited to start a “new chapter” in her life. “I am ready to start my life in the ‘real world’ and I am more excited to be in college and settled into my schedule than I am to actually start college.”
Levan plans to attend Alvernia University, a college campus only 21 miles away, about less than a 30 minute drive. She may not be traveling far for college, but she will still miss those close to her. “I plan on commuting so luckily I will not have to say goodbye to my family or pets but some of my friends are going pretty far away, and I’ll miss being able to see them as often as I do.”
At Alvernia, Levan will take many different classes because she is an undeclared major. Hopefully Alvernia will help her find what speaks to her so she can further herself into that field. “I am excited to be able to set my own schedule and to have the freedom to finally make some real decisions in my life.”

After spending four years at HAHS, it must feel sad to leave everything behind to start something completely new. “It is definitely bittersweet because I have spent so much time here and have a lot of good memories here, but at the same time, I cannot wait to say goodbye to high school for good.” Levan reminisces some of her favorite memories from high school: “My favorite memory from high school really doesn’t have much to do with high school itself, but my favorite memories are spending time with my friends on weekends or after school. It is something I took for granted in my time here, and I wish I could go back and relive those memories.”
Even though she will be leaving high school behind, she will be starting a whole new experience. Levan shares her fears and hopes about college: “It still has not set in that I will be graduating and going to college in a couple months so mentally I am not ready. I am hopeful that I will able to find a good group of friends who I can make memories with, and I am also hoping that I will like my classes and make some good memories there as well.”
Hamburg Area High School will miss Carly Levan and all other seniors who are graduating this year. Hopefully they all enjoy life and live it to the fullest and to their happiest. “High school was a struggle without a doubt, but I am still sad now that it is coming to an end. I hope that in college I will be able to live more in the moment and be more aware that school doesn’t last forever.”