Join student council

Valeria Amato, Pinnacle Faculty/Staff

Student Council is a very hands on group of students that assess issues and organizes school events and activities. They meet several times a month to make sure all of the members are up to date with the upcoming events that need to be planned. Co – presidents, Valeria Amato and Chaslyn Christman, lead the meetings with the help of the officers and attending members.

The council plans school activities such as pep rallies, school dances, spirit days, the luau, and even more. Not only do the students involved within the club plan events, but they also gain leadership, teamwork, and organizational skills while carrying out the activities and possible conflicts that student council can arise. The members are very devoted and put a lot of time and effort towards their tasks and events. Club advisor, Mrs. McCarthy-Wright says someone should join student council, “to take an active role and make changes in their school community.”

This is Co-president, Chaslyn Christman’s third year of student council, along with her co-president Valeria Amato. Christman says, “Student council is extremely beneficial. It teaches you time management, how to work well with others, and how to handle pressure.” Student council is a club that is extremely beneficial to our school and the students involved.

To join, contact Mrs. McCarthy-Wright, or an officer to get a membership form.