Sarah Gould reminisces her high school years

Kiana Wright, Writer

Sarah Elizabeth Gould, a senior at Hamburg Area High School, is preparing to finish out her last days in high school. As she prepares to graduate, she begins to think about her past four years as a high schooler and what it means to be in high school. Gould’s favorite high school memory is all of the friends she has made and all of the inspirational teachers that she has met. Her least favorite memory she says is, “Being stuck in one place for four years physically and mentally not being able to experience new things.” Sarah says that high school’s most valuable lesson is that there is nothing more rewarding then making someone’s day and that everyone should try and do that as often as possible.

Sarah’s biggest inspirations include many of her teachers such as; Mr. Wolfe, Mr. Kline, Miss McCarthy, Mrs. Bucheit, and Mrs. Texter. High school is meant to impact a person and their character. Gould says that she has been impacted by high school because high school was not the easiest part of her life, but she had to learn how to thicken her skin and toughen up. She felt like if she could get through these four years that she can get through anything. One class that has helped her gain valuable skills such as time management and independence is Publications. She says, “It will definitely be beneficial to me in college where almost every class is conducted like Publications.”

Sarah is a very involved student where over the past four years she has held key parts in the GSA (Gay Straight Alliance), the Concert Choir, Aerial Boundaries, German Club and Publications.

Try to make high school as great as possible

— Sarah Gould

After graduation on June 8, Sarah plans to attend Temple University in Philadelphia to major in Secondary Social Studies Education and to land a job teaching. Gould says that she is also open to other fields that are generally the same and to other jobs. Her advice to the incoming seniors and other high school students is, “Try to make high school as great as possible. Join clubs, find things you enjoy and try to make lots of friends. I did not do this my first two years and those were the worst two years of my experience, things only started to become bearable in my junior year. High school might be an amazing time, or it might be a terrible time. However, it is up to you to choose which option you take.”