What is your favorite holiday?

Student Council holds 2024 May Day

Every year, Hamburg Area High School Student Council holds a school-wide May Day celebration and this upcoming May Day will be held the half day before Memorial Day weekend, which is May 23. 

May Day is when clubs set up different stands, games, and activities for students to participate in throughout the school day. It is comparable to a field day, but the students are allowed to roam the school and visit different stands on their own. There are teachers supervising the event, but students are not limited to following their class around. 

Aside from school clubs setting up stands, there are also tractors brought in for viewing and farm animals for a small petting zoo. The animals include cows, goats, and pigs. In the morning, before students walk around throughout the stands, there is a history competition led by Mr. Kline and a talent show. However, this year, the talent show will have a different format than usual. This format is still being decided but will be even better than before. 

Student Council will be holding knockerball again this year. Students will be in large inflatable bubbles. They can run around and slam into each other, or students can choose to set up a game such as soccer. To participate in this event, each person will have to fill out a waiver for their own safety. 

May Day is coming up soon, so students should be prepared for a day full of fun and laughter with friends!