What is your favorite holiday?

Music Helps People
Music Helps People
April 25, 2024

How sophomores celebrate their 16th birthday

For sophomores, their second year of high school is quickly coming to an end, which also means that 16th birthday many are celebrating. Turning 16 is a big milestone for many teens since turning 13. Part of turning 16 is that kids are able to take their permit test which gives them the ability to drive, more jobs are available which can have better paying conditions, and for some girls, they have a huge party like a sweet 16. 

Allie Houck who turns 16 in April does not want to have a big sweet 16. If she wanted to have a party, she would have liked to have an under the stars and dark blue theme. Her idea of turning 16 is spending time with close friends and family. Along with spending time with people, Allie will also be traveling to another state. Besides people and places, Allie also gets to pick where to get food for her birthday which is a tradition she has with her family. She will not be going for her permit right away on her birthday, but she will be going shortly after. Driving is one of the main perks of turning 16 for Allie. 

Bethany Stufflet turns 16 in June. She will be having a big sweet 16-themed as sage green. Bethany has been waiting for her sweet 16 since about middle school when she started planning her whole party on Pinterest. Besides Bethany’s actual party, she is excited and scared to start driving. Bethany already has a car and has been studying for her permit test in preparation. Bethany will hopefully be going for her permit on the morning of her actual birthday, or the next day. 

For sophomores turning 16 is a big deal, some people tend to celebrate it in a big elaborate stereotypical sweet 16 way, or in a small laid back way. Besides parties, turning 16 is a big milestone for sophomores and overall should be a fun memorable time.