What is your favorite holiday?

Music Helps People
Music Helps People
April 25, 2024

Nishi Vesuwala goes to Germany with Frau

On June 6 of this year Nishi Vesuwala, Austin Gould, and Brayden Heckman will depart for Germany with Frau Stevens. All the Seniors taking German were invited, but only three chose to go. The trip is two weeks long and they will return on June 20. The group will stay in eastern and central Germany with partner families from HAHS partner school in Germany, Liborius Gymnasium in Dessau, Saxony. They will school and travel with their host families and attend special events. This is not an official school trip, as all the students will be graduated. Frau Stevens and the three students are supported through GAPP, the German American Partnership Program. There will also be German students coming to Hamburg this March.

Frau is thankful to Mrs. McCarthy, Dr. Beissel, Mr. Shefter, Mrs. Freiwald, and Mr. and Mrs. Kline for helping the exchange program. She is also extremely grateful for the 12 student families who will be hosting the 12 German students. If anyone in the future would like to host a German exchange student contact Mrs. McCarthy or Frau Stevens. 

Nishi Vesuala is excited and nervous at the same time to go to Germany. The prospect that makes Nishi the most anxious is having to put all of her German skills to the test. Meanwhile, she is excited to experience a different culture and gain life experience without her family.