What is your favorite holiday?

Bethany Stufflet starts her first day at the SMART program

On January 23, 2024, Sophomore Bethany Stufflet started helping at the SMART program. She initially signed up in November of 2023, and was later interviewed at the beginning of December. 

Bethany started off at SMART on a good note. She got to hang out and meet some of the littles while they played a game of Apples to Apples. She was not able to get a little yet to help with homework due to there only being three littles, but starting in a couple of weeks, there will be new littles which means everybody will get a little. Depending on the rest of the year, Bethany will know whether she will want to continue or not for next year. 

In the future Bethany plans to work in some way in a medical field. Even though she has a future in the medical career, she also enjoys helping kids. Besides that aspect Bethany also wanted to be able to participate in some extracurricular activity, which this worked well for. So besides this program helping with her future, it also gives her something that helps pass her time. 

I had a fun time on Tuesday with Bethany being in SMART. I finally had someone to walk to the Middle School with and someone to talk to in SMART when my little one was not there. I hope that Bethany will want to stay in SMART next year as there will be even more new students next year.