Do you prefer cold or warm weather?

STUCO gives a sneak peek at first charity basketball game

Hamburg Area High School Student Council is hosting its first ever charity basketball game in collaboration with the middle school’s Student Council and the various clubs at the high school, it is an event for everyone. 

The game (on February 23 in the new gym from 6pm to 8pm where the teachers will compete) is open to the public. Admission is $5 or there is the option for students to bring in a canned good as substitution. Non-students will get $1 off for every canned good they bring and 50% of the admission will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House, an organization dedicated to creating, finding, and supporting programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children. 

There will be multiple clubs having their own stand selling something unique. Student Council will be selling popcorn and t-shirts with the game logo, Mu Alpha Theta will be selling yummy chocolate sports balls, LEO Club will be making and selling delicious cotton candy, and GSA will be offering a photo booth. SADD Club will be holding a pick a lollipop game, Jewelry Making Club will of course be featured selling their high quality jewelry, NHS can be found having students guess the number of items for a prize, and finally, Anime Club will be selling baked goods, water, and anime stickers and keychains. 

Aside from the main game where students can watch their favorite high school teachers play against their favorite middle school teachers, there will also be mini halftime games featured. There will also be a big basket raffle featuring prizes from each grade. The teachers participating from the high school include Mr. McBreen, Mr. Kline, Mr. Reinhart, Mr. Gaul, Mr. Hartranft, Dr. Beissel, Mr. Markowski, Mr. Borger, Mr. Buggy, and Mr. Meyers. The teachers participating from the middle school include Mr. Zalasky, Mr. Shappell, Mr. Easter, Mr. McGinley, Mr. Hoffman, Mr. Henne, Mrs. Rizzo, Mrs. Young, Mrs. Cornell, Ms. Denniston, Mrs. Harrison, Mrs. Frey, and Mr. Adams.

The game is sure to be an enjoyable time for everyone attending. Come out to support your teachers, Student Council, and the Ronald McDonald House!