HAHS hosts another wonderful winter dance

After a successful event last year, Hamburg Area High School’s Student Council has hosted yet another great Winter Dance. The anticipation for another memorable event helped Student Council sell 182 dance tickets to students. This year’s theme was Ice Palace, and the blue and white decorations brought it to life. With twinkling icicle lights, themed table decor, and rock candy icicles, the venue looked magical. The dance took place at CJ Hummels from 6:00pm. to 10:00pm. What brought the most life to the party however, were the students. 

Isabelle Wilkes, senior, passed the Ice Queen crown down to Amelia Gassert, junior, this year. As our 2023 Ice Queen, Mia shared, “At the Winter Dance, I really liked the setup of the tables, where CJ Hummels is such a good venue. The dance was really fun with good music.” With 24 tables spread out throughout the venue, students were able to sit among friends and enjoy time together. The dance also featured a DJ that provided students with a variety of songs to fit everyone’s style. Students were also given dinner, featuring chicken, green beans, baked potatoes, corn, and pasta. Mia shared, “The food was okay. I really liked the green beans with the baked potato and the corn. It was really good!” The variety and amount of food options given allowed students to choose whatever they wanted. Mia shared, “I thought the Winter Dance was really fun I did not have any critics about it.” 

Mr. Kline is a Student Council advisor and was responsible for overseeing the creation of the dance. He shared, “I enjoyed the fact that Matt Curtis did a great job organizing the dance. The venue was great, and everyone had a good, fun time.” Matthew Curtis was the head of the Winter Dance committee and spent a lot of time and effort making the dance enjoyable with his committee. Mr. Kline also said, “Next year, we would maybe consider different food options, and a different theme that fits the venue better. I thought it went well though, so not a whole lot of change.” 

The Winter Dance is a popular school event, and this year was no different. Students were pleased with the elements and can thank Student Council for keeping this yearly tradition fun.