Do you prefer cold or warm weather?

Determining what Christmas light color is best

Christmas is a time for family and joy, although to many, Christmas is about decking their houses in lights. Decorating with Christmas lights began in 1882 by a man named Edward Johnson, installing them in his front parlor window for everyone to walk by and see. Prior to this people were lighting up trees with candles. The traditional Christmas lights were Traditional incandescent Christmas lights. These lights consisted of a very thin metal wire encased in glass. When electricity flows through the wire, it glows white hot. In today’s society the most popular Christmas lights are the classic golden hues, seeing these lights in dozens of houses across the country.

While in Hamburg Area High School the festivities only just started many people by popular vote chose white lights. Although Junior Clarence Gottschall, exclaimed that he prefers colored lights specifically along the edge of the  roof or on the Christmas tree, but he also enjoys white lights on the lawn of his house. 

Grace Cromyak, junior at Hamburg Area High School, exclaims that she likes the “warm colored white led lights that are not like a yellow color.” Grace enjoys putting Christmas lights in her room specifically on her dresser she prefers this because if she put them any where else it would take longer. Grace exclaimed she likes to put Christmas lights around the house, putting them around the tree and outside. Grace explained she likes the, “trees that come with the lights on.”

For more information visit

https://www.loc.gov/everyday-mysteries/technology/item/who-invented-electric-christmas-lights/#:~:text=Edward%20H.,them%20around%20his%20Christmas%20tree

https://nypost.com/article/best-outdoor-christmas-lights/