What is your favorite holiday?

Students debate about famous holiday movie The Nightmare before Christmas

The famous holiday movie The Nightmare before Christmas was produced by Tim Burton and directed by Henry Silick, has caught the students of Hamburg Area High School’s attention. The main idea for the movie was that Jack Skellignton, The Pumpkin King, was to attempt to change the culture of Halloween Town. He stumbled upon Christmas Town and fell into a spiral of emotions. The catchy What’s This? song played while Jack explored the town. After experiencing joy and happiness, he returned back to his town to share what he discovered. This eventually led to Jack going on a frenzy trying to take over Christmas and dethroning Santa. 

Although many of the students loved the movie, they could not tell whether it was made to be a Christmas movie or a Halloween movie. Multiple students said that since there is snow, Santa, and the setting is around Christmas time, it should be a Christmas movie. But the other students said that since it is mainly taking place in Halloween Town, the main characters are mostly ghouls and creatures normally shown around Halloween, and it has that dark twist of taking over Christmas, it should be a Halloween movie.

To settle the debate, for once and for all, the creators of the movie The Nightmare before Christmas have said “All though it is a very good Christmas movie. The movie was made to be a Halloween movie.” The creators announced that they had purposely released the movie on October 13,1993, a few weeks before Halloween, because it was a Halloween based movie. 

Although the movie is dearly loved here at Hamburg Area High School, and the students would like to see another movie, the creators have no interest in making a sequel. Pronouncing it is nearly impossible to fulfill what the people want, because they had the past three decades to envision what Jack Skellington and the gang have been doing in Halloween Town.