Do you prefer cold or warm weather?

Students share their fall traditions

Students share their fall traditions

Alaena Cox -9

The students of Hamburg Area High School are excited to start their fall traditions. Whether those traditions are shared with family or friends, they sure cannot wait to experience them. Some of the most popular traditions are carving pumpkins, going to haunted houses, or trick or treating. Some of the students have traditions of their own, such as decorating their room and picking out their costumes.

Freshman, Brielle Cox spends her fall with her friends. Her favorite tradition with them is watching scary movies. Last Halloween she watched the whole Scream franchise with her long time friend Chase Brodhead. At their movie marathon they had a lot of enjoyable snacks, such as Hot Cheetos, Doritos, pretzels, potato chips, Halloween cotton candy, and a variety of drinks. Brielle’s favorite movie was the original one. She says that her favorite thing about the whole franchise is that “The same characters come back every time so it seems more like a story.”

The morning after Halloween is always special. There is the sadness that Halloween is over, but also the joy of Thanksgiving. A lot of the students are excited for Thanksgiving, and want to eat all the delicious food. But some could care less about it. 

Thanksgiving is known for the food and giving thanks to those you are thankful for. Most of the students are thankful for their parents, guardians, sisters, brothers, and distant relatives. Not all of them are people though, some of them are the food they receive, the clothes they get, the money they earn, and the memories they share. Usually on Thanksgiving you share it with the people and things you are thankful for.