What is your favorite holiday?

Students explain their beach vacation

With the end of the 2023 to 2024 school year approaching quickly, summer vacation is on the minds of students. Many who attend a summer vacation normally go to the beach, camping, or travel to different countries or states. The nice weather creates a very enjoyable time for traveling with family and friends. 

Sophomore Bethany Stufflet normally attends a beach trip with her family to go to Bethany Beach, Delaware, Florida, or Wildwood, New Jersey. When she was younger she had family who either lived in those places or had a condo there. She goes on her summer vacations with her family and sometimes a friend. Her favorite thing to do on summer vacation is to visit boardwalks, especially Wildwood. 

Another sophomore, Allie Houck, takes a trip with her mom’s side of the family to Brigantine Beach, New Jersey where her great aunt and uncle have a house. Her favorite thing to do while at the beach there is to walk around town. Her favorite memory is taking a walk to the beach with her cousins before they had to be back for dinner. Her family also has dinner traditions which consist of different ways of getting dinner each night. On the first night, her great aunt and uncle take her and her family out to a nice restaurant. The second night her whole family orders take-out. And on their third night, her whole family cooks for her great aunt and uncle. If her family stays at the beach any longer, they figure out their dinner day by day. 

One other sophomore, Maddie Handwerk, also goes on a beach trip and her family enjoys going to beaches in New Jersey. She spends her summer vacation with her friends and family. Her favorite part about going to the beach is going to the beach all day and spending a lot of time in the ocean. Besides that, her favorite memory from going to the beach is when she went with her friend for five days to Wildwood Beach, New Jersey. 

With all of these summer vacation stories, the beach seems to be one of the most common types of summer vacations. New Jersey also seems to be the favored beach state with students.