Freshmen end of the year reviews

With the end of the 2023 to 2024 school year coming to an end, many freshmen have had the chance to reflect on the high school experience. Some said it was easy and some said it was a little bit more difficult than they thought it would be.

Sheila Kern said her first year of high school was difficult but fun. She is in honors English, honors biology, and algebra 2 PS as well as civics. For her electives, she is in Spanish and woodworking classes. “The class that I had to really pay attention in was honors biology,” said Sheila. She has Mrs. Farina for her honors biology class and said that the class is really fun but also really time consuming. In her class, they have to complete study guides and have a lot of vocab quizzes. “It really kept me level headed when I needed to focus,” said Sheila.

“Woodworking is really fun and I truly love it,” said Sheila. In her woodworking class, she has learned how to operate machines such as saws, sanders, and drills. In this class, she has also started working with electricity. Some students in this class have made stools, spice racks, and small side tables. She really likes this class because she gets to build her own things and it makes her feel more competent. 

“Overall, I think that my freshman year was okay. I definitely struggled with some things, but I feel more grown up and mature in  a sense,” Sheila spoke about her overall view of the year.