What is your favorite holiday?

Music Helps People
Music Helps People
April 25, 2024

New Covid strikes the news

Back in 2019 Covid-19 hit the globe causing millions of people to stay in their homes and isolate themselves from any kind of interactions. Many stores, restaurants, and theme parks had a major decrease in product and ticket sales because of the fear of catching the virus. This pandemic caused online shopping to skyrocket, and it unfortunately put many small businesses out of business because of the lack of people visiting them. 

Covid-19 symptoms varied in people. Many cases of the virus needed hospitalization which filled the hospitals up and made nurses and doctors work like crazy. Some they did not get any symptoms which was very dangerous because although they felt fine they were infecting others with the virus and making them sick. The major symptoms were loss of taste and smell, fever, cough, nausea, and fatigue. A lot of people were making homemade remedies to get their taste and smell back. A popular one that started on a social media platform called TikTok was eating a burnt orange. According to Rheana Murray on Today.com this method included charing an orange, peeling the skin, and mixing it with brown sugar. Those who did this would eat the orange and they have said that they got their taste back.

Although Covid-19 is not as often spoken about today in 2024, the cases have not decreased since January of 2023. Restrictions have decreased so people can break the six feet distance rule, the mask rule, and the isolation rule has decreased to five days. In February a new kind of Covid started showing up. Those cases had a mixture of Covid-19 and the common flu. This new Covid has gotten nicknames such as “Covid-20”, “The new Covid”, and “2020 revisioned” Call it whatever is preferred but researches ask that until cases go down of this new Covid people wash their hands every time they leave their homes.

For more information about Covid-19 and the orange theory visit https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/basics.html and https://www.today.com/health/will-eating-burnt-oranges-revive-senses-after-covid-19-t204125