Music students get inducted into Tri-M

The music department held this year’s Tri-M induction ceremony on January 9. Tri-M stands for Modern Music Masters and is an international music honor society that is meant to recognize students for their academic and musical achievements, reward them for their accomplishments and service activities, and to inspire other students to excel at music and leadership. 

The Tri-M induction ceremony is held every year to welcome new candidates and induct them into the society. The ceremony starts with an introduction from the president of Tri-M, Clayton Lash. The introduction is followed by the Chapter Officer Ceremony in which the current officers speak. Clayton Lash, senior, is President; Cadence Jalbert, senior, is Vice-President; Julia Bucheit, senior, is Secretary; Samatha Gruber, senior is Treasurer; Mackenzie Hoover, sophomore, is Historian; and Isha Kaur, senior, is Coffee Shop Manager. After the officers speak, the Traditional Induction Ceremony is performed by the music department staff. Then, the President recites the Tri-M Pledge that is repeated by the candidates. After that is the presentation of the Tri-M pin emblems and membership cards. Each candidate walks on stage and receives their pin and membership card, becoming officially inducted into Tri-M Music Honor Society. 

This year’s newly inducted members are, senior Brennan Wagner, junior Alicia Gilbert, junior Kirra Goetz, sophomore Emalee Burkholder, sophomore Zach Gougler, sophomore Ella Lytle, sophomore Marlena Narducci, freshman Bricen Foreman, and freshman Aidan Litschi.

The Tri-M family is always looking for new members. Candidates must participate in a school music ensemble or class for at least one semester; maintain an A average grade in music, as well as at least a B average grade in all other classes; participate in community service activities; and demonstrate respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, caring, and citizenship. Grab an application from the music department and fill it out to join Tri-M next year!