What is your favorite holiday?

BCTC Student Spotlight: Skye-Lynn Behn

Skye-Lynn Behn, sophomore, goes to Berks Career and Technology Center for Cosmetology. She does not want to go to college but she wants to be a cosmetologist right after BCTC. 

Skye thinks that the environment of BCTC is amazing. Students get to choose what they want to learn and have a head start for after school. Her first expectations of BCTC were for it to be very open and friendly. She has made new friends and is doing very well with socializing with the other people there.

Skye is currently learning how to do rollers. A hair roller or hair curler is a small tube that is rolled into a person’s hair in order to curl it, or to straighten curly hair. Skye has learned a lot of things this year including ph levels, elevations of the head, draping, and so much more. She has volunteered before for the walk-ins to see if they are interested.

Skye says that it feels very nice but stressful to be a hair stylist at the same time. She enjoys doing people’s hair and making people feel better about themselves.

Skye’s aunt inspired her to be a cosmetologist. Her aunt had her own cosmetology business. She states, “I recommend going to BCTC because everyone is so nice and the environment is great.”