Do you prefer cold or warm weather?

Music Helps People
Music Helps People
April 25, 2024

Say cheese

Say cheese

Cheese is loved by most, and people use it in different ways.  HAHS agrees. Many people may not know the origin of cheese. According to www.historyofcheese.com, cheese may have been discovered accidentally by the practice of storing milk in containers made from the stomachs of animals. This practice was thought of originally by the Greeks, while they tried to store milk in animal stomachs. They believed it was the doing of Artemis, the god of animals, that would protect the milk from going bad. Instead they created cheese. 

Out of 144 HAHS students, 11% said that they do not like cheese at all. 18% said they liked provolone. 27% said they liked cheddar cheese. 10% said they liked Swiss, 1% said they like Camembert. And the majority favorite is American where 67% said they enjoyed it the most.

Freshman, Alaena Cox, said that she eats mac and cheese, grilled cheese, cheese burgers, or just straight up a block of cheese. 

Cheese has rich calcium and protein, and some cheeses contain probiotics. Webmd.com said that cheese is a healthy snack. It consists of vitamin A and vitamin C. It is low in calories and fat. A fact that shocked Alaena, is that eating cheese can prevent cavities and teeth yellowness.