Do you prefer cold or warm weather?

Music Helps People
Music Helps People
April 25, 2024

Erica Gerner reflects on junior golf season

Erica Gerner, a junior at Hamburg Area High School, is one of three girls on the Hamburg golf team and has had a very successful season. 

Her goals going into the season included hopes of qualifying for Districts and States, along with placing in the top five in the County Championship Tournament. Erica exceeded her goal of qualifying for the District Tournament by securing first place. She also qualified for the PIAA State Tournament, placing in the top 20. As for her goal of placing in the top five in the County Championship Tournament, Erica was able to achieve fourth place. 

This golf season was very important to Erica, stating, “I used this season to prepare myself for upcoming tournaments and college acknowledgements.” She hopes to attend a southern college to continue her golf career. So far, Erica’s accomplishments have been received well by colleges in the area. 

Erica qualified to participate in the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour National Championship in Orlando Florida on December 2 and 3. This is a major achievement for Erica, and she is very excited to attend, commenting, “This is my first time traveling out of state to golf at a tournament. I hope this is a good opportunity for out-of-state colleges to recognize me.”

With her junior year golf season coming to a close, Erica has begun to set her sights on senior year. She hopes to win the County Championship Tournament, along with being named the BCIAA Female Golf Player of the Year. Erica states, “This has been a great season, and I look forward to improving for next year!”