Student Spotlight: Deja Wagner- Wakefield

Deja Wagner- Wakefield is a 17 year old junior at Hamburg Area High School. Deja Wagner- Wakefieldhas been going to Hamburg since the end of 5th grade. Deja is well known around the school because of her academics with classes like Honors Precalc, English 11, AP United States History, anatomy and physiology, Spanish 3 and Publications. However her favorite class is anatomy and physiology. Deja exclaims,”I like to learn about the human body and how it works. Also, I like this class because I want to go into the medical field and this is teaching me some of the basics of what I will need to know.” As well as being on the prom committee. Deja explains she loves being a part of the prom committee specifically because she gets to work with other students and plan events that everyone will remember in the future. Since moving here Deja has made some really great memories, a lot of them including her friends.

After high school, Deja plans to go to Bloomsberg, and join their nursing program, and eventually transfer to anesthesiology. She wants to be an anesthesiologist and be able to make a difference in this world. Grace Cromyak, a junior, explains Deja is very sweet and very kind. She is a very motivated person and keeps to herself. Grace also explains she can foresee Deja being very successful in the future.

This summer Deja is looking forward to summer and having a break off of all her school work. However she is looking forward to being a senior and graduating this coming year. Deja explains that this summer she is, “looking forward to spending time with friends and going on family vacation to Tennessee and Virginia.”