HAHS plans prom

The prom committee is a club only open to juniors that is held at HAHS every year. In this club, students get to openly collaborate to plan an exciting and fun event. This allows students to be very involved in the process where they can give their input for themes, decorations, and advertisements. Prom at HAHS would not be successful without help from students who join this club every year.

Brooke Tucker, a junior at HAHS, joined the prom committee this school year. Students have the opportunity to sign up for the prom committee at the beginning of the school year, which is the only time signing up is available. She says the reason she decided to join the club was because she wanted to have a part in making prom special since so many students look forward to it. This club has exceeded her expectations, and she is so thankful she decided to be involved. Brooke highly recommends this club to juniors next year since they will have the opportunity to be involved in something very rewarding. Having the opportunity to collaborate with her peers to make a successful prom that the juniors and seniors will get to enjoy is her favorite part about this club. Brooke really likes the amount of creative freedom that is given to the students and she is super excited to see everyone’s hard work pay off in the spring.

Erica Gerner is another junior who is involved in the prom committee. Erica is a class officer, which means that she is automatically part of the prom committee. Regardless of her automatic involvement, she says she probably would have joined anyway because she has older friends who were in the club and really enjoyed it. Having the opportunity to be involved in planning the problem seemed very cool to Erica. Going into this club, Erica knew that it was going to be a lot of work since planning a prom from scratch is not easy, but she says that did not surprise her and all the work that has been put in so far has been very rewarding. Prom committee is something that Erica loves because she gets to be involved in an activity with a bunch of her friends and she gets to work directly with Mrs. Trubilla and Ms. Reppert whom she really likes. At the monthly meetings, there are a variety of things that need to be done, this has varied from selecting a theme, choosing decorations, designing tickets, and advertisements. Erica highly encourages juniors in the future to join the prom committee because the more people there are, the faster things will get done and the more creative collaboration can be done. It is really special for Erica to be involved and to help make the prom special for the seniors.