What is your favorite holiday?

Music Helps People
Music Helps People
April 25, 2024

Eighth grade students present Nemo Jr.

The Hamburg Area High School has always done musicals every year of various varieties, but recently the middle school has also started to do them for an elective class. These are shorter versions or jr versions of these musicals that only take around 40 minutes to just an hour with no intermission. The class students can take to be involved in these productions is called Intro to Musical and is only available for eighth grade students. This year the musical they are presenting is Nemo Jr and this is the second production this class has done. 

Angelica Hess is a middle school student who played Nemo in this year’s production. She described this as a thrilling experience and was happy to be a part of it. She says that for her and many students being in a small production helped be more confident because they were able to be more involved. Angelica says this experience, although short, still let her to interact with students or people that she usually would not. 

The students performed the production of Nemo Jr. on March 8 and 9 at 7:00. This was a great experience for the students that participated in it and those who watched it. The musical was also performed in various dress rehearsals to the different grades and the Tilden and Perry Elementary students. The drama club had also watched this musical when they performed to the 7th grade class at HAMS.