Ms. Ilgenfritz joins HAHS staff

Ms. Ilgenfritz is the new social worker here at HAHS. Social workers’ jobs are to help students and their family. If a student needed to have insurance, for example, then she could help them and set them up with resources that she has. She can help you find resources for outside services, provide student check ins and can do things with social security cards/needs and non academic needs.

Ms. Ilgenfritz graduated from Kutztown University in May of 2023 with a masters degree in social work. Her undergrad degree is the bachelors of social work. She knew she wanted to work with teenagers and knew she wanted to be able to provide assistance to them so she decided to do social work. 

This is Ms. Ilgenfritz’s first job in the field of social work, but she has done internships with Haven House and Brandywine Heights Elementary School. Ms. Ilgenfritz states, “The staff has been very welcoming and the students are great.” She knew she wanted to work with high school students and this was a job where she knew she could work with high school students.

Ms. Ilgenfritz has two dogs: Otis and Nellie. She loves to be outdoors hiking or at the beach.

To talk to Ms. Ilgenfritz, visit the counseling office and schedule a time to meet or talk to your counselor about your needs.