Isabella Reader discusses school, sports, and clubs

Hailey Quinn

Isabella Reader is a sophomore at Hamburg Area High School and takes two honors classes. Her favorite class is Spanish with Ms. Reppert, stating, “I love Ms. Reppert and the way she makes class enjoyable. I look forward to her class in the morning everyday!” Her favorite thing about school is the clubs, as they allow her to connect with her classmates and have fun. Isabella is in both Spanish club and Unified Leadership club. Her favorite aspect of being in a club is meeting new people.

Isabella’s plans for the rest of her high school career include induction to National Honor Society and graduating with honors. She also hopes to continue to letter in all her sports. After high school Isabella wants to go to college to become a physical therapist, adding, “I would love to attend West Chester University!”

Isabella plays soccer for the school and a travel team by the name of Penn Fusion. She also runs winter and spring track. She states that her favorite aspect of playing sports is, “being on a team and having a second family,” adding, “I have made so many connections and friends because of sports.” Something she finds challenging about playing sports while also handling school is, “getting home late. It’s hard to do and focus on homework. I usually get about only an hour of work time with getting home at around ten every night.”

As a final word of advice to other students, Isabella says, “Focus on school first and the rest will come easy!”