Student Spotlight – Devon Frantz

Deja Wagner-Wakefield, Pinnacle Sports Editor

Devon Frantz, a sophomore at Hamburg Area High School, is involved in band and field hockey. Her favorite subject is Cosmic Landscape because “science is my favorite subject, and I find the unsolved mysteries of the universe intriguing.” On the other hand her least favorite class is wellness due to disliking the curriculum and finding the topics repetitive and uninteresting. 

While being an outstanding student and leader, she is involved in field hockey. She is the goalie for the team and has been since sixth grade. She started because she had an interest in playing a sport and she had a particular interest in field hockey. She also started playing because she had a personal connection with hockey type sports because her dad played ice hockey and street hockey. 

Devon is not only a student athlete but also a member of the school band. She has played the French horn since fifth grade. She took up the French horn after playing the cello for a couple years because she liked the sound of the instrument and playing in a large group. She is going to be playing at the High Notes Festival in May, and she looks forward to doing this every year because of being in band.  

Devon is also looking forward to starting the field hockey season in fall and getting closer to graduation. While having a very busy schedule, Devon still has time to enjoy hobbies such as “drawing and reading. I like to draw a lot of animals, and my favorite book genres would be science fiction or fantasy.”

Devon is a kind and responsible person and is part of many things. Due to her shy personality, she has a few close friends, one being Hailey Quinn. They met in sixth grade, in Industrial Technology class when they were assigned to work on a project together. She stands out because “she is very quiet at first but once she breaks out of her shell she is very talkative and a great friend.”