STUCO organizes a volleyball tournament

Kaeli Cox

With the cold winter season happening, current sports are taking place indoors. Winter is the perfect time for volleyball! Hamburg Area High School has a lot of things, one thing it does not have is a volleyball team, which is disappointing to many students. However, the Student Council is holding a volleyball tournament which is a perfect opportunity for those wanting to try the sport. The tournament will be held in the old gym on February 17, 2023 starting at 3:00 pm. The cost to play is only $3 per player and teams can have 6-8 players. Drinks and food will be sold by the school, and spectators can enter for free! 

Alexa Burkey, an organizer of the event, shared why they chose volleyball. “The volleyball tournament was chosen because it is a sport most people love in gym, and hopefully would enjoy creating a team with their friends since our school does not have a team.” She also said, “The money would go to STUCO and hopefully benefit the school and club in the future.” Showing the money will be used for future fun activities. To raise the excitement she shared, “So far there should be at least one team of teachers that we know of.” Sign-ups will be sent out to homerooms and available in the library. So create a team, play against teachers, and have fun at the Hamburg Area High School’s volleyball tournament!