Student Spotlight – Sara Fitzgerald

Deja Wagner-Wakefield

Sara Fitzgerald , a junior at Hamburg Area High School, plays the flute and is involved in Student Council. Her favorite subject is “English, because I love reading and sometimes writing. My favorite writing assignments are creative pieces.” On the other hand, her least favorite class is Trigonometry because it  provides a lot of challenges. While being an exceptional student, she also was involved in cheerleading since she was ten and quit this year due to too much added stress. Extracurricular activities she is involved in are choir, Student Council, Tri-M, drama club, and musical. She is the treasurer for Student Council and was also in this year’s musical. 

Sara is involved in many activities but still has time for her own personal hobbies, such as “Reading, all genres but non fiction, dancing and playing flute.” This year she is looking forward to getting her drivers license, “so I can take myself where I need to be and get there on time.”

Sara is a very sociable person and makes friends easily. With qualities as such she met Arianna Barata. They met in early 2021 at school and got closer during cheer practices. Arianna says that, “Sara’s friendliness makes her stand out from other people.” Also, when Arianna graduates she says, “I will miss her supportiveness, and always being there for you.”