HAHS shares favorite movies

Kaeli Cox

Movies and the thrill of seeing them for the first time is a love shared among everyone. The variety and different categories of movies makes them appeal to a diverse audience. Old movies, new movies, action, comedy, drama – all different types of films are offered to see which type draws more attention. While agreeing on a category is beneficial, having different preferences makes room for conversation and debates. To demonstrate how common it is for people to disagree on their favorite kind of movies, a few fellow students shared their all time favorites.

Brady Breininger, a sophomore, shared, “My favorite movie is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off because it’s funny.” While this shows he likes comedy movies, it also recognizes how movies over the decades appeal to newer generations too, since this movie was made in 1986, way before Gen Z’s time.

Ricky Clark, another sophomore, said, “My favorite movie is Elf because it’s a Christmas movie but I like to watch it year round and it never gets old.” This shows how movies designated to a specific time of year can still be enjoyed as a category. 

Finally, Rowan Epting, sophomore, said, “One of my favorite movies is After, on Netflix, because I think the story line is really good and I think how she found love is interesting.” This demonstrates how romantic movies can also be favored. Unique opinions can be in everything and sharing them is a great way to find common interests as well as great debates.