HAHS introduces new Assistant Principal

Morgan Lutz

Former assistant principal, Mr. Marra has moved to HASD district office as special education director, opening the position of assistant principal at the high school which was filled by Mrs. Fink. Mrs. Fink went to Lebanon Valley College to get her major in early childhood education and special education and then went on to Kutztown University to receive her master’s of education and principal certificate. 

She has been working for HASD for eight years as the high school’s life skills teacher for six of those years, and then she was the high school inclusion facilitator for two years. Her job was to work with students and teachers to ensure that all students were included in the classroom. Her main job as an assistant principal is to be in charge of attendance and discipline. She has coached Hamburg track and field and cross country, started the Hawk Olympics and restarted the Unified Leadership Club.

Mrs. Fink has three young children at home. They like to go camping, do arts and crafts, and visit amusement parks. She enjoys swimming and started to teach swimming lessons and lifeguard when she was 15 years old.

Mrs. Fink states that “as assistant principal, my main focus is to build positive relationships with the students so that we have a positive school culture and community.” She also states that she would love for students to come visit her and say hi, especially if she does not know them yet.