Harvest Fest returns

Tia Adam, Pinnacle Club Editor

Every year on the first Friday and Saturday of October, St Mary’s Church in Hamburg PA holds a Harvest Fest. This yearly festival includes activities such as a music performance by different bands, homemade ethnic food, hay rides, a corn maze, carnival games, bingo, and basket raffles. It is free admission to get into the festival and park. Tickets, bingo games, and raffle tickets are the only things that need to be paid for and tickets are payment for food, games, hay rides, and for the corn maze. All money is donated to the church. Many of the high school students attend this festival or volunteer at it every year.

Bethany Stufflet is a freshman at the high school. She attends the Harvest Fest every year, as she is a member of the church. Last year she volunteered at the corn maze, and this year she volunteered at the “Kiddie Corner’.” The “Kiddie Corner ” has seven games, muffin drop, tic tac toe, bean bags, a fishing pond, ring toss, a prize wheel, and a ball toss. These games are all intended for young kids, as they are guaranteed to win everytime. Bethany shared, it is “very fun, and a great socializing opportunity.” She is also glad that her church is able to do something like this every year.

Danny Barata is also a freshman at the high school. Who attends Harvest Fest every year and is a member of the church. Last year and this year Danny volunteered at basketball toss. At this game it is one ticket for one shot at making a basketball into the net.