Halloween creeps into HASD

Kaeli Cox, Student Life Editor

The fall season is upon us, and with the change in weather comes a change in spirit. Leaving the warmth and fun of summer behind and picking up the annual cozy clothes and pumpkin spice season, everyone is preparing for one thing, Halloween. Fall and Halloween plans, costume ideas, the excitement of the change in weather and scenery, all factors that make fall so magical. So, with Halloween creeping up and bringing the return of the spooky season, it is expected that costumes and decorations will be everywhere. To see how everyone is getting into the spirit of Halloween, we interviewed a few fellow students to hear their exciting plans. 

Kaitlyn Mengel, a sophomore, says, “I don’t know what I’m going to be for Halloween yet, but I’m looking forward to driving past peoples houses and looking at their decorations. I love going to scary attractions with my friends, such as The Haunt at Dorney Park and Field of Screams.” The Haunt and Field of Screams are popular Halloween attractions visited by teenagers, so this leads to the question, are all plans for Halloween scary? Jenna Piltz, also a sophomore, says, “I’m looking forward to the change in leaves and jumping in leaf piles. I’m also looking forward to going to Halloween parties.” This proves the point that there are many favorite parts of the season that do not include scaring. A common interest seen throughout this age is the appreciation for a change in scenery, such as seasonal decor, nature changing, weather, and more.

Shelby Dougherty, sophomore, shared, “I’m looking forward to taking cute pictures in pumpkin patches and sweater weather. I’m planning on going to multiple scare events, watching horror movies, and going to Halloween parties. I’m going to dress as an alien for Halloween and my boyfriend is going to dress as an astronaut.” Halloween parties are commonly attended by teenagers this time of year, as a fun way to dress up and get into the spirit of Halloween. The topic of couples costumes are also being revived as they become more common throughout the years. Overall, the season of fall and Halloween remind us of many traditions and allow us to celebrate in fun ways.