Haley Savastano’s future in Tennessee

Valeria Amato, Pinnnacle Faculty/Staff

Senior, Haley Savastano is anxious yet excited for the end of her high school career. She has excelled throughout her four years of high school with several high leveled honors and Advanced Placement classes. Haley’s favorite class this year is AP Language & Composition. Haley says, “The discussions and skills taught in my AP Language & Composition class are very useful, especially for college.”

Haley is also involved in several clubs provided by the high school. These clubs include: Chemistry & Physics Club, Mu Alpha Theta, and Lisa Club. In Chemistry & Physics Club, Haley earned the role of treasurer and controls the financial aspects behind the club’s earnings and spendings. Mu Alpha Theta is a math honor society that Haley has involved herself with in response to her advanced math skills. Haley also finds time to be in LISA club, where she connects with the community and the district.

When Haley was asked what her favorite thing to do in her free time was, she presented her passion of rowing. Haley has been rowing for approximately three years now and explains that she has loved it from the start, “I love it so much, it keeps me in shape, and it is so much fun. It gets frustrating at times, but it opens a lot of opportunities for me and my future.”

Speaking of Haley’s opportunities, Haley has been accepted to the University of Tennessee on a rowing scholarship. She is extremely excited because the University of Tennessee has been her dream school for years. Savastano plans to major in biomedical engineering at UT and continue her passion of rowing. One of her closest friends, Kylie Witkus, was asked to comment on Haley and her future and Witkus says, “Haley and I have been close ever since elementary school, and I am so proud of her and all of her accomplishments! Although it upsets me that she is moving away, I am very excited for her.”

Savastano’s hard work has finally paid off and she is bound for success at the University of Tennessee.