Hamburg seniors await college acceptance letters

Emily Smith, Pinnacle Senior Editor

College acceptance letters are being received for many seniors in the district. Early decision applicants have known for a little while whether or not they have been accepted, however some regular admission seniors are still waiting for their application results. Those who are still waiting may find themselves stressed, especially if they have yet to hear from their preferred school. 

In early October 2022, I applied to York College of Pennsylvania as an early decision applicant. Many factors went into my decision to apply early, including better housing, increased access to scholarship opportunities, and simply my love of the school. I toured the campus twice in 2022 and had a meeting with the head of the Communications department, all of which confirmed my decision to apply early for the Professional Writing program. Although I experienced some stress in the two weeks that I awaited my application results, I truly believe that applying early eased my worries for most of this school year.

Hamburg senior Alexa Burkey has yet to hear from Penn State Berks regarding her acceptance. She applied at the beginning of January, which qualifies as a regular decision. “I was really busy with sports and work, so I didn’t get a chance to apply early,” says Burkey. “I’m not super worried about my acceptance yet because of the high acceptance rate, but I’m still a little nervous,” says Alexa. She plans on majoring in business if she were to be accepted into the school. Fortunately, she has two backup schools, Penn State Schuylkill and Kutztown University, in mind in case she would not be accepted into the Berks campus. 

As the second half of the year begins, many seniors are eager to start their post-secondary plans and are hoping to be accepted into their dream schools for the fall semester.