Do you prefer cold or warm weather?

Mr. Meyers joins HAHS staff

As the new school year begins, new staff joins HAHS, including Mr. Meyers, who previously taught science at Southern Lehigh. Now, he teaches 9th grade integrated science, which he seems to love. “Learning, doing science and experiments with students is rewarding for me… becoming a science teacher lined up with all of the things I do outside of school…” The new teacher moved districts “to be closer to home and spend closer time with my girls. I did the math and I was spending weeks of time in my car.” He then says , “I get to watch a  cartoon with my daughters before I leave; that’s huge.” 

He seems to be enjoying the proximity to his family, and he appears to enjoy the new district, too, “I felt more of a connection with the people of the area… It’s been very positive. I feel very at home here.”

He knew he wanted to be a teacher when he was “helping the boys and girls club afterschool program. I was 20.” Teaching and science are not all he does. Mr. Meyers enjoys fishing, hunting, playing the drums, and hanging out with his friends and family.

Students seem to enjoy working with the teacher, too. Freshman, Landon Poulios, shared, “He’s very chill and relaxed. His class has a very fun vibe and he’s not super strict.” 

Mr. Meyers is a great teacher and a great addition to the HAHS staff.