What is your favorite holiday?

Music department goes to Boston

Over the weekend of April 26, 27, and 28, the HAHS music department went to Boston. Every member of the choir, orchestra, and band had the option to go for $750. This trip was announced at last years spring concert and has been in the making since before that. Each year the music department attends High Note Festival and every four years they take a larger trip being Boston. The trip was an opportunity for any kid in the music department to attend a clinic with world-class professors from Harvard and the New England Conservatory. There was a total of 59 students who attended the trip to Boston and were able to enjoy the history and culture there while still learning more about music. 

Landon Poulios, a freshman, was excited to visit the shopping district with tons of music and food, but he was creeped out when they visited the cemeteries. His favorite part was getting to the hotel after a long day of sightseeing and walking. He roomed with Aidan Litschi, Donavan Merrick, and Alex Phillips they would play Nintendo Switch at night before room checks. Landon did not enjoy the racist comments made towards them by their tour guide. During the clinic, Landon was nervous but afterward, he felt much better about the choir performance and the feedback that was given. Overall, it was a good trip and he loved making a Build-a-Bear at one of the many shopping trips. 

Hailey Quinn, a junior, enjoyed visiting Plymouth among the many places they saw including the Freedom Trail in the city of Boston, the Quincy Market, Lexington and Concord, a duck tour, Harvard Square, and eating at Fire and Ice and at Maggiano’s Little Italy. During the trip, she roomed with Juliette Buckwalter, Devon Frantz, and Lucus Smith. Her least favorite part of the trip was the long bus rides, about six hours each way. The clinic was enjoyable for the band and she loved the feedback and corrections their director gave. The trip mostly consisted of walking around and getting food, but overall it was a wonderful experience for Hailey. 

ation to her future career.