Music Helps People
Music Helps People
April 25, 2024

Winter cheer season begins

Right after yet another amazing season cheering on the sports team, girls and boys soccer and football, the varsity cheer team continues to work hard going into their winter and competition season. In the fall season the team gained new members who continue into winter season adding a new adventure for the team. This creates the ability for new stunts groups and more unique personalities working together as a team to create new cheers and dances. The team practices hard on days they are not cheering on the boy’s or girl’s basketball team. When not at a game, the team works on new skills to add into game days to excite the crowd.
Peyton Snyder, a junior cheerleader, is excited for yet another winter season and looks forward to working with everyone to build new skills that will carry over into the competition season. “While I’m excited I am also sad because with another fall season ending that means I am even closer to being done with high school cheer.” Peyton is an exceptional cheerleader who has cheered for 12 years and could not see herself loving any other sport as much as cheerleading. While there is so much to look forward to next year, “I will miss all my senior friends who I got close with this year.” Next year holds so many new opportunities and experiences but while “its exciting it’s scary too because that means I too will be done with the sport I have fell in love with.”
Nicole Valentino, head cheer coach, is excited for the new season and looking forward to creating memories with the team. “I’m excited to see my seniors who have cheered with me since middle school have one last amazing cheer season and while this is their last fall season we still have winter and competition season with them.” The team, of 14, has five amazing seniors this year who have led the team and helped correct and better the team as a whole. “The team this year is an amazing group who is always ready to help one another and lend a hand when needed.” The team works so hard preparing for games and their upcoming competition season which will begin in mid-February.