What is your favorite holiday?

How are students decorating for Christmas

As the holiday season is approaching, many students and their families are beginning to or have already decorated their houses for Christmas. Most students put up lights of all different colors and some even put up inflatables. 

One freshman, Kaylea Detweiler, loves decorating. Her house has over 20 decorations. “We have these cute little candy canes that light up the walkway. We also have a ton of inflatables; one is a Santa on our roof!” Kaylea and her family love Christmas and love to go all out for it. 

When passing her house or even going to it, it can feel like the viewer is in a winter wonderland. Kaylea says “I think Christmas and its decorations are beautiful. I love sitting out there with my sisters when it isn’t too cold and just spending time out there. It really does feel magical.” 

“I think decorating is a great tradition and a great way to connect with your family, even if they do get frustrated sometimes,” Kayleas states. A lot of hard work and dedication goes into decorating, and it really can bring families together. 

Even people who do not enjoy Christmas decorating can be a bonding activity and it gives people something to do, rather than sit inside doing nothing. Everyone should partake in decorating, even if it is only a few things. It makes the holidays all the more better and makes a house look beautiful.