Teacher Spotlight: Mr. Reinhart

Sara Fitzgerald, Senior Memory Pages

Richard Reinhart has been the gym teacher at Hamburg since he was hired in 2017 as a long-term substitute. Before that he worked as a Health and PE teacher at KidsPeace from 2012 – 2017, his first teaching job. Mr. Reinhart commented that his inspiration to be a gym teacher comes from his 4th and 5th-grade HASD teacher, Mr. Bohrman. Mr. Bohrman always came up with fun activities and lessons for each class. He took a genuine interest in his student’s activities. 

When asked why he picked wellness, Mr. Reinhart responded that he wanted a career that kept him involved in sports and fitness. He became a teacher because he likes the differences in each year from the last, new students and new lessons. He enjoys interactions with different students about different topics each and every day. Mr. Reinhart likes to remain moving, sitting in a cubicle all day is not his calling. When asked about working at the school he went to, Mr. Reinhart said he loved it. He knew where everything was and not much had changed. The only problem he seemed to have was calling Mrs. Herman by her first name. To him, she would always be Mrs. Herman. Mr. Zimmerman is close with Mr. Reinhart’s family, therefore he did not have many problems with calling him Clark. 

Outside of school, he remains active by hunting, fishing, hiking, and spending time with his wife, Samantha, and two kids, Jaxon and Maddox. 

Mr. Reinhart has his undergraduate degree, from East Stroudsburg University, and is currently finishing up his master’s in exercise science at the California University of Pennsylvania.