Music Helps People
Music Helps People
April 25, 2024

Mika hosts German exchange student

Lifetouch National School Studios Inc.

GAPP (German American Partnership Program) gives students both in America and in Germany an opportunity to make friends and learn about one another’s cultures by having German and American students participate in a homestay exchange program. For this year, the German exchange students will be arriving on March 17 and stay through March 28.

A student from German class, Mia “Mika” Owens, has decided to host an exchange student. The exchange student’s name is Joy Herrig and she is 16 years old. Mika decided to host because they thought that it would be fun to do, and they would like to learn if the drama that happens at Hamburg also happens at Liborius-Gymnasium Dessau where Herrig goes. Mika would also like to travel to Germany one day because, as they stated, “…it seems cool and fun to travel internationally, and it looks good on a resume.”

The things that Mika already has learned about Herrig are: that Herrig likes helping kids, she went to France, watched Gossip Girls, and likes watching Marvel movies.

For now, Mika and their family have not gotten the exact place of where they will be going when Herrig arrives, but they will be planning something fun for the exchange student.