Students happy with gifts

The holidays are now over, and although it is sad to see them go, many students at HAHS got some new things they are very thankful for. Freshman Dakota Schneider got a few things she is especially excited about. “My favorite gift I received this year was a kitten.” Dakota’s cat is named Pepper and she was very excited to finally get one. “This was my favorite gift because I’ve been wanting a cat for a long time now. Another student, Chase Brodhead, got all of the things he asked for. In all he got 15 presents. His favorite gift was his seafoam green Jordans.

Students can get presents for other people too, of course. “I got presents for my friends Hailee and Dakota as well as my friend Kaylea because our friend group did Secret Santa,” says Chase. Dakota got presents for her mom and a few of her friends. They paid for these presents with their own hard earned money. “It feels good being financially independent enough to buy presents for friends and family.” Chase states.

Christmas should not be all about the presents, of course. Though gift giving and receiving is something many people enjoy doing, nobody should forget about the family aspect. Christmas is a time to spend with your family and friends and anyone who is able to do that should be very grateful. “I think Christmas is about spending time with your family and eating good food but presents are also an important part of Christmas,” Dakota says.