What is your favorite holiday?

Students dress up for Halloween

Halloween, a time for tricks and treats, is a holiday where people can be anything they want to be, even if it is just for a day. Halloween is celebrated in many different ways, but the most common way is dressing up in costumes. Typically kids are the ones to dress up, but occasionally adults can be seen dressing up too. Every year at Hamburg Area High School, and at the other schools in the district, there is a Halloween spirit week that usually ends on Halloween. October 31 is when students in costumes can be seen roaming the halls. 

This year some of the costumes observed were things such as movie characters, tv show characters, and creative made up costumes. The Flintstones dinosaur, Ghostbusters, the Grim Reaper, Mary Poppins, Freddy Fazbear, Daredevil, and Chucky were some of the characters. Some other costumes were things such as a mushroom, a cop, one of Hell’s Angels, a pirate, a devil, and the Tooth Fairy. There was also the creative “gum on the bottom of your shoe” by Mrs. McCarthy.

Sophomores, Madeline Handwerk and Tia Adam, shared their Halloween costumes. Maddie was a cop and Tia did a costume with her best friend. They were Mike and Sully from Monsters Inc. 

Overall, dressing up for Halloween is something that most people enjoy. It allows them to show their creativity with fun costumes and share cool costume ideas with each other.