HAHS visit Susquehanna University 

Susquehanna Honors Band took place from February 17-19  and was attended by Noah Kramer, Ian Fink, Cora Rodriguez, Anna DeAngelo, and Clarissa Dimovitz. The students can attend the band fest by recommendation and interest from our band directors. The two band directors, Dr. Hinton and Dr. Richardson, at Susquehanna, will then choose from each district based on what is needed for the ensemble. The students have a wonderful opportunity to create music with other kids from around the state, they get more practice for ensemble rehearsals, and they learn lots of music from concert band repertoire. 

Anna DeAngelo was one of the students attending and according to her, the students were given more freedom than at other festivals. The festival was face paced and had two different conductors to allow for variance. They had long rehearsals with spread-out breaks to keep the students going. The college students at Susquehanna ran the festival and the only professors were the conductors. At the end of the weekend, the students shared a concert with the university’s symphonic band. Anna comments that it was, “overall a good learning experience for how to adapt to the music and new people quickly.”