What is your favorite holiday?

Freshmen choose their favorite candy

For this year’s Halloween, 50 out of 198 freshmen from HAHS shared their trick-or-treating plans and what their favorite candy is. Out of the 50 freshmen, 42 have said that they would be going out for trick-or-treating and the other 8 are not going out for trick-or-treating.

From this survey, the freshman could choose from eight options: Hershey Chocolate, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Jolly Rancher, Kinder Joy, Twizzlers, Twix, Tootsie Roll, or None of the Above.

The freshmen’s least favorite candy was Kinder Joy, with only 4 liking it. The second favorite candy was Tootsie Roll, with only 7 of the freshmen liking it. The third favorite candy was Twizzlers, with 9 of the freshmen liking it. The fourth favorite candy was Hershey Chocolate, with only 11 of the freshmen liking it.

The fifth favorite candy was Jolly Rancher, with only 13 of the freshmen liking it. The sixth favorite candy was Twix, with only 15 of the freshmen liking it. Lastly, the most favorite candy for the freshmen was Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, with 20 of the freshmen liking it. The last option was ‘None of the Above,’ with only 4 of the freshmen picking the choice.

One freshman, Jayden Henry, said that Hershey Chocolate was his favorite candy out of the eight choices. Jayden explained that Hershey was his favorite because he can eat it quickly or with salty things like pretzels, crackers, and chips. However, he cannot handle the Hershey and salty food combo for too long because the taste in his mouth will either be too salty or too sweet. A second freshman, Mia “Mika” Owens, said that Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups were their favorite out of the eight choices. They said this because they like the peanut butter and chocolate combination as well as the Reese’s Puffs Rap commercial from 2009. A third freshman, Autumn Maurer, said that her favorite candy was Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups out of the eight choices. This is Autumn’s favorite because her dad used to buy Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups for her and her family when she was younger, which then resulted in her getting used to the taste and liking it.

The limited edition flavors for Hershey, which is only sold around Christmas time are: cherry cordial, peppermint bark, hot chocolate, mint milk, candy cane, and mint truffle. Other flavors, which are Halloween themed, include Reese’s Peanut Butter Franken-Cup which is milk chocolate combined with green crème, Hershey’s Kisses Vampire Chocolate which is filled with a strawberry filling, Hershey’s Cookie N Creme Fangs, and many other Halloween flavors. The regular flavors for Twizzlers are: licorice, strawberry, grape, cherry, watermelon, orange, lemonade, blue raspberry, and chocolate.

From this data that was collected, everyone has differences about their favorite candy and what year people can go out for Halloween.