Do you prefer cold or warm weather?

Alex plays sports

Being a freshman in the new year can be difficult with being in a new school and not knowing many people. A way that students are able to connect with others in their school is trying a new attitude, and with Alex Soto it is not very difficult. Alex has been playing sports since he was five years old. The sports that he plays are: football, basketball, and running track. Since he grew up in Hamburg and knows the town pretty well, his mom thought it would be a good idea for him to play for the town, and ever since then he has always played for Hamburg. His favorite sport to play is football. This is because it is the longest sport he has ever played in his life, nine years to be exact. He knows that ever since he picked up a football, he knows that playing it makes him happy.

Alex also plays basketball. This is because his mom again signed him up to try a new thing. So he continued doing basketball because he thinks it is entertaining, and he enjoys playing it because he thinks hes good at it. Alex does not play for himself, he plays for his mom and his team; knowing that his mom was the one who pushed him out there to try new and exciting things out in the world, and playing for his team because he knows that they are counting on him to try and lead Hamburg to victory. During his time on the court, Soto plays shooting guard and small forward. Shooting guards are known for their ability to shoot the ball just as well as their defensive skills are, and small forwards’s main responsibilities is scoring points and defending. Soto loves anything and everything to do with basketball; he loves playing and being a part of the team.

Running track is not very easy. People or athletes have to have speed, endurance, skill and technique. Alex’s events are difficult if someone does not have a lot of experience running or jumping. He runs the 100 meter run in a fast sprint. It may be a short distance but knowing that he has competitors that might be faster., he is able to have a strong mentality. Without it he may feel weak, but knowing he has a good mentality he is able to know that he does his best and can win a race. Another one of his events is high jump. This event is extremely difficult to learn and master. Being able to jump over a pole at a significant height and reaching that goal can be difficult. High jump is all about mastering technical components during that event. His last event is long jump. Soto shows that he can master the approaching run, the last two strides, and preparing for takeoff in the air and landing. It is easy in his eyes, but not so much for others. At first when Alex started track, he only ran to get faster and better at football. But after some consideration and being at the track meets with his teammates, his interest has increased and now runs for the fun of it. 

Alex and football go together like Fred and George Weasley, one can not exist without the other. His dream is to professionally play football for the NFL. It is his favorite sport, and if his mom never pushed him to try it out then, his life would not be complete. Soto loves football and would do anything to get on the field and play his heart out.  Even though most of his injuries come from football, he would still do anything to play. He has gotten multiple sprained fingers, a sprained ankle, and a fractured arm, he still enjoys it because to him, getting hurt is the fun part, knowing that youre working hard, and putting your all on that field. With all the contact he gets from playing football, everyone on the team gets hurt, either its from practice or a game, every player is coming home with bruises and sore bodies. 

When Alex goes professional, his main positions would most likely be wide receiver or cornerback. He plays extremely well for a freshman playing wide receiver, since he has played that position his whole life. His other position would be considered cornerback. Soto would cover receivers most of the time, but also to defend against offensive running plays as reverses. Alex’s dream team to play for is the Philadelphia Eagles. It is his favorite team because he and his family have always looked up to them and watch every game as a family. Soto is one of my good friends and I would do anything to help him achieve his dreams, no matter where I am at in my life.