What is your favorite holiday?

Kaylea Detweiler Freshman spotlight

Kaylea Detweiler is currently a freshman at HAHS who is involved in track, basketball and student council, and she enjoys collecting shoes. Kaylea participates in track during the spring and basketball during the winter. As of now, she is looking forward to student council since shes new to STUCO. She can balance her school work easier, considering it’s only part of the year. 

She previously went to Whitehall and Tamaqua and this is her 3rd year here at Hamburg. Being new to the HAHS can be challenging, especially as a freshman. Finding her classes can be very stressful, but Kaylea says, “I’m starting to find my way around the school pretty well.” As for her teachers, Kaylea says, “I like most of my teachers, so far. None of them have given off a bad vibe.” So far, her favorite class is Video Communications because, “Even though it isn’t the most fun yet, I feel it’s going to become really fun.”

Kaylea is a very outgoing and kind person, and because of her bright personality, she has made a pretty big friend group. “Kaylea and I just clicked, she can get along with anyone. She speaks her mind and only ever tells the truth. She has grown so much since I first met her and she has helped me grow with her. I can easily see us being life long friends,” says her close friend, Koa Binder. Outside of school, she is very energetic and enjoys hanging out with her two younger sisters. “At home I’m usually jumping around and being silly with my sisters.” Inside of school, Kaylea is a hardworking student who participates often and makes school a good environment for the people around her.