Student Spotlight – Mikenzie Sterner

Deja Wagner-Wakefield, Pinnacle Sports Editor

Mikenzie Sterner, a junior at HAHS is enrolled in BCTC’s Health Occupation program and cheer. She picked this program because she wants to “go to college for nursing, and get my RN and BSN to become a forensic nurse.” She was drawn to this program because she wanted to do something in the medical field and a job in the investigation field. 

Her favorite class is American Cultures because Mr. Kline makes the class more alive and interesting.  On the other hand her least favorite class is “Geometry because it makes zero sense.” While juggling all her school work and BCTC she is also a cheerleader. She started cheer in seventh grade and loves the sport ever since she started. Mikenzie loves the sport because she gets to be with friends and her favorite part is stunting and competitions. 

While being very busy being a student-athlete and having a part time job, she finds time to still have hobbies. Her hobbies include reading. She likes to read to expand her “reading horizon.” She enjoys reading all genres of books and would like to read even more than she already does. This year she is looking forward to summer break because school gets stressful. Her plans for next year are to” just have fun and enjoy senior year.” While she is very social and has many great characteristics that attract people to her,she has many friends. This includes her friend Peyton Snyder, whom she met in seventh grade and has been friends ever since. Her bubbly personality and willingness to help anyone makes Mikenzie stand out from the rest.