Funny pages making a come back

Michael Clancey

New for this school year is a comic section, which will appear in the school newspaper. Hawk Happenings is available online at the Hamburg High School website. Artists or writers, and all students, are invited to submit their ideas to the Hamburg Area High School librarian Mrs. Mcarthy at [email protected]. All are welcome to write and draw their own comic strips. When submitting comics strips, students will have to keep it school appropriate for all students, facilities, and parents. Comic strips should be limited to a set of no more than five panels. Deadlines will be put in place for every other Monday of each month.

Comics will be expected to follow most rules found in the student code of conduct. Characters do not need to follow rules like the dress code to an extent, such as showing midriff or shoulders is fine, as long as there is no nudity. Also gore to heavy extents will not be allowed. The five panel limit will allow some flexibility but under certain circumstances. 

Comic strip ideas would be greatly appreciated. It would make it even easier in the coming months to get in a week before the newspaper is printed. That way people have time to edit and download comic strips to fit in the newspaper.