German host and student spotlight: Sid Bonning and Tamina

The German students at Hamburg had the opportunity to host German students, and Tamina Stuhl was one of them. She came to Hamburg because she was chosen by Sid Bonning and their family between March 17 and March 28. There were 12 German students and 2 German teachers that stayed here during that time period. This was to help German students at Hamburg learn from students in Germany through a hosting experience. 

Tamina Stuhl is a sophomore German exchange student from Dessau Rosslau school. Her host, Sid Bonning, a freshman at Hamburg Area School District, took Tamina to Crystal Cave, Hershey, and Walmart. From her experiences here in America, she noticed how the streets, cars, and trucks are bigger than they are in Germany, as well as the food portions. America is tremendously patriotic according to Tamina, due to all the American flags nearly everywhere. She enjoyed meeting the new people, and she said she had a lot of fun during her stay. She says, “a special thanks goes to my host family who made my trip possible in the first place and welcomed me with open arms.” She wishes everyone at Hamburg a healthy life and hopes that she crosses paths with Hamburg students again.

Sid Bonning, a freshman at Hamburg, hosted Tamina. Sid learned about Germany during their time hosting Tamina. Tamina shared how bringing recycled bottles back to the store will give money in return for keeping the environment safe. This hosting experience was a learning experience for both Sid and Tamina, and Sid looks forward to hosting again. With this German exchange student program, the students who hosted might have an opportunity to travel to Germany and stay with the student they hosted.